Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 4 3

Getting CA.C fields via Eikon Data API

My goal is to get vessel-related fields from Eikon Data API given a list of IMOs. Currently, I have the following code (that is working):

import eikon as ek

fields = ['TR.AssetLocationDate','TR.AssetName',
          'TR.AssetLocationLatitude','TR.AssetLocationLongitude',
          'TR.AssetLocationDraught','TR.AssetLocationDraughtPercentage']

ek.set_app_key('XXXX')
df, e = ek.get_data(imos, fields)

However, ideally I'd prefer to retrieve the CA.C counterparts of these fields (e.g. CA.C.Name, CA.C.LocationDraught)—I believe these are retrieved directly from AIS services.

Is there such a way to perform this on the Python Data API? (via ek.get_data() or otherwise)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apivessel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @matthew.ang

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@matthew.ang

The "CA.C.*" fields you refer to represent the metadata that was utilized in previous versions of Eikon. For backwards compatibility these fields can still be used in =RData function in Eikon Excel, but this metadata set is being phased out. "CA.C.*" fields cannot be used with Eikon Data APIs or with =TR function in Excel. "TR.*" fields in the code snippet you included replace the equivalent "CA.C.*" fields. Going forward you should utilize "TR.*" fields instead of "CA.C.*" fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @matthew.ang As far as I am aware these are the correct fields and they are retrieved from the AIS services. Eikon does not carry CA.C fields. You can check this using the Data Item Browser app (type DIB into Eikon search bar) which will give you all available fields as well as parameters - if you add an IMO in the instrument field it will also return values - these should be the same as are available in the product where they use CA.C fields:

I hope this can help.

1606387149948.png (136.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you very much for the answer, is it convenient to verify that the fields prefixed with "TR" and "CA.C" are identical? (e.g. they reference the same data source) Thanks in advance!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.