question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 0 3 4

How can i publish blank value to BID/ASK?

I would like what value/method to create a blank value on BID/ASK fields on ETA? Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Chun Kit Wan,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @Chun Kit Wan,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Chun Kit Wan

You did not mention if you are using ETA Java or ETA C - but I can see you asked Java question previously...

I found an example of encoding a blank field in one of our example source code files Java\Eta\Applications\Examples\src\main\java\com\refinitiv\eta\examples\codec\FieldListCodec.java

/* Field Entry: encode entry as a blank Real primitive type */
/* populate & encode field entry with fieldId & dataType information for this field */
/* need to ensure that FieldEntry is appropriatley cleared */
/* clearing will ensure that encodedData is properly emptied */ 

fieldEntry.clear();
fieldEntry.fieldId(22); /* BID field */
fieldEntry.dataType(DataTypes.REAL);
/* void* parameter is passed in as null & encodedData is empty due to clearing */
if ((retVal = fieldEntry.encodeBlank(encIter)) < CodecReturnCodes.SUCCESS)
{
    System.out.printf("Error %s (%d) encountered with EncodeFieldEntry.  Error Text: %s\n",CodecReturnCodes.toString(retVal), retVal, CodecReturnCodes.info(retVal)); 
     return retVal;
}
System.out.printf("\t\tFID %d  Encoded Real as blank.\n", fieldEntry.fieldId());

You will also find a similar snippet using encodeBlank() in section 11.3.1.5 Encoding Example of the ETAJ_DevGuide.pdf which is supplied with the Elektron SDK Java file.

If you are using ETA C, then a similar snippet can be found in the TransportAPI_C_DevGuide.pdf section 11.3.1.6 Encoding Example

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Chun Kit Wan

If you don't have the Dev Guides to hand - you can find them online on our Developer Portal under the Documentation section for the required API

ETAJ_DevGuide.book (refinitiv.com)

ETAJ Documentation | Refinitiv Developers

ETA C Documentation | Refinitiv Developers

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.