question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 1

Can't get contributor to work

Hi, I'm a Junior developer doing a project for my company to use the Refinitiv Real-Time Java SDK and am having some major issue getting the Contributor to work. The error I get is:

Dec 01, 2020 12:47:04 PM com.refinitiv.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback
WARNING: loggerMsg
ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
Severity: Warning
Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel
RsslReactor @2bbf180e
RsslChannel @163e4e87
Error Id 0
Internal sysError 0
Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent
Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Connection refused
loggerMsgEnd

What I have done is the following:

- Created a connection key following the tutorials and using the keytool and Comodo certificate - I followed the instructions in the tuotrials exactly

- I have a test app name

- I can verify a connection to the dev hosts using telnet fom my company PC (we have a firewall, and checked to ensure this wasn't blocking).

I'm trying to connect to connect to contrib1-emea1.uat.platform.refinitiv.com:443

- Used the tutorial sample code for contributors together with the etc directory from GitHub

I just basically downloaded the Contributer example from the tutorials, plugged in my values and tried to see if it would work, which it doesn't.

I don't get any code exceptions, but when I debug it, it fails when it tries to create the OMMConsumer - so I suspect there is a config issue somewhere. We are also using Maven, so I can't rely on the Gradle build in GitHub to do testing. Also when I try to specify the name of the consumer using the .name method it fails to recognise it. I'm ensure if the .xml config file is being read at all, so I'm to see if using the ETA library (instead of EMA) might help me.

Any help would be great as I really can't seem to move past this problem.

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apicontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@luke.martin

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@luke.martin

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luke.martin

I have been advised by your Refinitiv account representative that you are currently set up to contribute via your internal Refinitiv Realtime distribution systems ADS component - not for contributing over the internet.

The account team and the contributions team at Refinitiv will reach out to the relevant contact at your organisation to discuss the way forward and provide the Internet contribution credentials if required.

The internal contribution process is much simpler and is described in the Contribution through TREP section of the article. The first part of that section is relevant to your Market Data team and the EMA Java code is in the latter part of that section.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @luke.martin

This is a private post - please speak to Nigel Brown, Head of Market Data (or someone in his team) @ Daiwa for more details.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luke.martin

My initial suspicion is that this is a credentials issue - as it would appear you were able to connect to the server but it then actively refused your request.

The first thing I would like to do is check your credentials by trying to run up the same example here with - so I will reach out to you offline to allow a private sharing of these.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.