question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

LPC fail to start on a cloned linux machine

Hi team,

I have successfully installed LPC tool on a linux machine and also able to receive data using the rmdstetsclient tool. Now I cloned the linux machine into a different vm so that I have the same setup that I had in the first machine. But now when I start LPC it fails with error "LPC Error: Initialization failed: : Initialization Failed -Check Program Log-".. After I checked the logs I found error in "retrieving the IP address of the Protocol Converter process".

Can I please get some help to understand the issue and how to resolve it?

Attached are the error logs.Logs.txt

Thank you,

Bansal

treprfarfa-api
logs.txt (956 B)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @bansalshah,

My thoughts are that I would reinstall LPC on the cloned machine, as you would on a new machine.

The installation should be quick, and as you follow Installation Guide, this approach should result in a valid installation on a Refinitiv Real-Time LPC.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @zoya.farberov,

Thank you for the quick response. I tried reinstalling the LPC as well on the cloned machine, but same error as before.

Hi @bansalshah,

If you have installed LPC fully according to the Installation Guide and are not able to start LPC, I would look into the health of the machine itself.

I am not a network admin, and thinking that your local network admin may be of more help on this, few things I'd check:

• Does ifconfig look good compared to the other machine, you can see unique IP address assigned to this machine?
  • Does hostname yield the hostname you expect?
  • Can you ping and telnet to outside machines successfully?

LPC Installation procedure pre-requires that the installation host itself is fully setup and networked. If any issues with this, try contacting your local network admin to verify this?

Hi @zoya.farberov,

Everything you mentioned is resulting in correct output.

1. Both machine have unique IP address.

2. Both machine have the correct hostname as expected.

3. Both machine are on the same network and setup exactly the same.

Can it be anything else that I need to take into account for this?

I will not take much of your time but just good to know what is wrong if machine is properly set up?

Show more comments
Upvotes
232 2 0 0

Usually the problem is that the machine hostname is not in the /etc/hosts file or not retrievable by DNS. Check your /etc/hosts file and insert your hostname and IP address of the machine if required.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @christopher.dugan1,

I checked the first thing when I got the error but that seems to be established correctly as well.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.