For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

We want to fetch currency exchange rate using Reuters. We want to convert all the currencies into euro? Is it possible extract it? We need information of rest API, which can help us through this.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-apiforex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @disha.somkuwar,

Are you looking on the information on how to use DSS REST API and run specific requests?

If that is the case, please see DSS Quickstart Guide for developers, the step is REST tutorials, you will find brief tutorials addressing different tasks, for example "REST API Tutorial 1: Connecting to the DSS server" and "REST API Tutorial 3: On Demand intraday extraction, embargo". In Documentation area please see "DataScope Select Data Content Guide", tab "Field Descriptions" allows to review all content fields available via different templates, and select what template contains the content you are looking for.

Or are you looking for help identifying the content you require?

If that is the case, the best approach for a customer is to contact Refinitiv Helpdesk Online and select "I need help finding content", product = DSS. Once you know which template(s) and fields you are looking to request, you will be able to do so easily using our tutorials as the example.

Does this help?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @zoya.farberov,

Thank you for the answer, it is very helpful as i am new to Reuters developers community.
I am struct at creating DSS account
I had used this link https://hosted.datascope.reuters.com/Pubs/AccessRequest/New
multiple times to register, but didn't get any response yet.
Could you please help me with this?
Is it possible to get trial access of data, that we are looking for?
Basically want to fetch currency exchange rates (specifically from other currencies to euro)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @disha.somkuwar,

I have answered your question on API strictly from the API development viewpoint.

It is necessary to have access to Datascope product in order to request data either via GUI or via API. Please contact your Refinitiv account manager to discuss your requirements and possible solutions.

You will not be able to create a DSS account for yourself, as DSS content is fee liable and is released, whether via API access or via DSS GUI access strictly to parties contracted for and permissioned to the specific content set.

I hope this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.