question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 4 9

REDI desktop always close.

I try to run automate trade via Python for a few days, and i got the REDIPlus Application self shutdown around 5p.m. of exchange time. I want to know does the application self shutdown everyday and when will the program self-shutdown? and how can i get any shutdown message via python?

eikonredi-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @alongkot.b

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@alongkot.b

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
276 3 0 2

Hi @alongkot.b,

The default behavior is to have REDI shutdown every day, but that can be changed to never shut down. Please reach out to your account representative or the support desk, who can configure your ID accordingly.

We show a popup before logout (e.g. prompting you to save your workspace). Theoretically, using CacheControl, you could listen for that message as a sign of a shutdown (logout). Unfortunately, CacheControl is not available for Python.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 0 4 9

@brian.mullane, Please configs account of "r154725" "r154757" and "r154758" to do not shutdown.

Thank you in advance.

alongkot.b

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
276 3 0 2

Hi @alongkot.b,

I have forwarded your request to your account manager. They will be in touch shortly.

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

@brian.mullane

Do you know if the account manager reached out to the user and if the config change has been executed? The user claims he still experiences the issue. See user's post below. Could I ask you to update this thread? Either inform the user of the status or, if the issue has been resolved since the user's post on Jan 6th, make a note of it on the thread. Thank you very much.

Upvotes
18 0 4 9

Dear @brian.mullane,

I the application still self shutdown around 11 am. exchange time. please change the configuration for these accounts.

Thanks,

Alongkot

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
276 3 0 2

@alongkot.b to update the thread, we're discussing this with your account manager and support teams.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.