Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

How can I access the Eikon Data API using Python on macOS?

I would like to access the Eikon Data API using the "eikon" Python package on macOS. This worked on my machine using the Eikon API Proxy app for macOS. Now, however, the Eikon Data API, the Eikon API Proxy app, or the "eikon" Python package, or all of them together do not work properly anymore. Many requests result in error messages sometimes and at other times the same requests work.

My research in this forum tells that it seems that the Eikon API Proxy app for macOS is no longer supported. I found an answer in this forum to use Refinitiv Workspace instead. I downloaded Refinitiv Workspace and logged in and get the message that I do not have access to it.

Is there any (other) way to access the Eikon Data API using the "eikon" Python package on macOS.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @DavidDK

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @DavidDK

I would suggest you get in touch with your Refinitiv CSM to discuss the product access (Refinitiv Workspace)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 0

Dear @chavalit.jintamalit,

thanks for your reply. I now spent a considerable amount of time trying to find any working way how to get in touch with your support. When I login to Eikon Web and click on the contact button I have to somehow login again and this ends up in an endless loop of logging in requests. If I try to login to my refinitv I get a 404 page. Sorry about complaining about this here but I feel that your websites are not working very well (at the moment).

How can I get in touch with you?

icon clock
10 |1500

This is your CSM contact:

Dianne.Ocumen@refinitiv.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.