For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

How long does it take to get a response when I call 200 instruments in 1 API call in DSS?

Hi there,

Can I check how long does it take to get a response when I call 200 instruments in 1 API call with 30 ContentFieldNames in my request when calling the Composite Request API? Also, how long does it take before the call times out?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@timothyley

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @timothyley,

There is no specific time expectation on a DSS REST API request processing. Depends on the request itself, but also depends on the current service load, even network bandwidth and load.

The approach is designed to be asynchronous to deal with various request sizes, and system loads.

In brief, if if the request can complete in 30 sec, the response code will be 200, the result is ready to retrieve. Otherwise, the response code will be 202, and includes extraction id and the API requestor should check on the status of the request by extraction id periodically, till status becomes 200, and then download the result.

You will find more details and step-by-step on a specific request, including Authentication part, in DSS Tutorials section, see REST API Tutorial 8: On Demand composite extraction on processing composite data and REST API Tutorial 2: On Demand End of Day Extraction on the two approaches and the timeout handling.

Hope this helps?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.