question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 1

What does this error and how do I fix it?

I am trying to define an encrypted channel for a basic connection, but am struggling a lot. I have followed all of the intsructions and all of tutorials, but I'm constantly getting this error and find any fixes for it.

I am using the Java EMA SDK, and I also have the XML config, as well as the keystore and registered appname and password and I can't seem to move past this error at all.

Dec 11, 2020 11:19:33 AM com.refinitiv.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback
WARNING: loggerMsg
ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
Severity: Warning
Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel
RsslReactor @4d41ba0f
RsslChannel @3c87e6b7
Error Id 0
Internal sysError 0
Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent
Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Handshake failed with far end. No more Protocols to try.
loggerMsgEnd

The XML should define the Channel settings, with the Consumer and everything else, but I can't tell if this is being explictly read or not - the Consumer is not recognised and I can't seem to get even the simplest examples to work at all - which is extremely frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

This issue was resolved offline - the most likely cause was a configuration issue - e.g. config file location / or invalid credentials/connection type etc.

@luke.martin - if you can confirm which of my suggestions resolved the issue, that would be most useful for others facing the same problem - Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luke.martin

I have seen the above error when connecting to the wrong port or using the wrong connection type.

Please confirm which servers and ports you are trying to connect to.

Please email your config files, parameters etc to me privately so I can confirm they are correct.

Also, can you confirm you have received credentials for connecting to RCC directly over the internet? I understand that your Refinitiv Account team was trying to set these up earlier in the week.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.