Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 3 2

Retrieve daily return of a defined stock, market return and the return of the 3-digit SIC industry portfolio for a year

Hello,

I am in trouble to find how to retrieve daily return of a stock, the related daily market return and also the daily the return for industry portfolio for a year.

For stock, I see this formula in Eikon excel, but how it work in eikon API Python?

Related to that defined stock (as the benchmark), can I take the average market return and return for the defined industry (3 digit SIC industry portfolio, for example), in daily mode?

Or I need to retrieve them separately? if in this case, how can I do?

Thank you in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1607984735927.png (13.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @thi-xuan-dung.nguyen

Regarding TR.TotalReturn1D field, you can follow this code:

For the industry group, I am not sure if there is such RIC code available or not.

You need to know RIC code and field name in order to use them with Eikon Data API.

This forum is not the best place to ask about content questions.
For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.
The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.
The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (36.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your answer! It is useful for me! For the other part, I will contact to the help desk

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.