Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

TR formula to get Market Classification by Market.

Is there a formula in the Data Item Browser that allows you to get tags or codes resembling the types of markets classification as seen in page 27 of this document?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidataexcelindex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I guess I misunderstood your original question. I thought you were asking whether you can retrieve the classification into developed, emerging or frontier category for a given country.
If you're looking for a geographic focus of an index, for Refinitiv indices you may be able to infer it from instrument description, which you can retrieve using TR.InstrumentDescription field.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't believe this classification is available as a dataset that can be retrieved from Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
98 27 33 35

Thank you Alex.

On the document I quoted above, on page 4, there's a link to an spreadsheet which you can check here: http://thomsonreuters.com/content/dam/openweb/documents/excel/tr-com-financial/thomson-reuters-global-equity-master-list.xls

In there, columns B (CountryRegion) and F (IndexDescription) seem to provide what I'm looking for, check these rows:

So, there's nothing within Eikon API's Data Item Browser that can get us close to the contents in that sheet?

1608164910268.png (158.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.