question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 2 2

Failed to get token information from the token service.Invalid username or password.

getting disconnected from LPC channel.

Reason: Failed to get token information from the token service. Text: {"error":"access_denied" ,"error_description":"Invalid username or password." } .

I have already registered machine ID and password from token website

treprfarfa-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @tm

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@tm

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
212 2 0 0

Hello @tm

Current thoughts right now is that your account credentials have issues accessing the system. A Refinitiv ticket has been opened on your case to provide further technical support.

I have seen instances where the setup and/or userListSetup script(s) have failed to encode the password in the user_list.txt file and instead inserted an error message in the password field. You can check your user_list.txt file and verify that the password field contains random characters instead of an error message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @tm

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'password from token website' - which token website are you referring to?

Have you added the machineID + password to the user_list.txt file (and set the location of the file in the config file e.g. *lpc*userFile : user_list.txt) using the provided utilities - as described in Appendix F of the LPC documentation?

If you do not have the LPC documentation, please download the LPC package from My.Refinitiv Products->Software Downloads section. Select Elektron Feeds for Product Family and then LPC from the Products list.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 2 2

I received an email from refinitiv with a mahine ID and a weblink to create a password for this machine ID. this step was successfull. Then I configured LPC according to documentation. machineID+password was added to user_list.txt during LPC setup process using lpsSetup.sh script. I do have the documentation . thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @tm

This forum is primarily for programming / API related issues and most of us on here are LPC users - rather than LPC experts.
And since this appears to be either a configuration or credentials issue, I have raised a support ticket for you, ref 09469661.
The support team should be in touch soon to provide you with the most appropriate support.
I have also emailed your Refinitiv account manager to make him aware of the situation.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.