question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 2 5 5

where can I find Datastream Navigator in EIKON?

I am using EIKON Research and Advisory (EIKON RNA) with DSWS API add-in.

In ds.get_data, datatype needs to be entered in 'field'. But, I do not know how to search a valid 'field' name.

For example, if I want to call a revenue, I do not know what to enter for 'field'.

Moreover, it is hard to know what 'MV', 'PO', 'PH' refers to.

Based on my search in this forum, Datastream Navigator will do. Where can I find 'Datastream Navigator' in EIKON? So far, it does not seem to be an app.

Thank you for the help.

datastream-apidsws-apifieldsdata-type
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @dosyd

I am not sure if there is the Datastream Navigator app on Eikon/Refiniitiv workspace, but you can access Datastream Navigator website (http://product.datastream.com/dsws/1.0/DSLogon.aspx) via your browser.

Please note that the website requires Datastream credentials, not Eikon credentials. Please contact your Refinitiv representative regarding the Datastream API username and password.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am using EIKON RnA with DataStream add-in. So, I am not able to access Datastream Navigator Website. Can I purchase Datastream only?

Hello @dosyd

I suggest you check the way suggested by my colleague below (Datastream add-in for Excel) and contact your Refinitiv representative to help you verify if you need a dedicated DataStream account.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@dosyd

The best way to explore the content available to you through DSWS API is by using Datastream add-in for Excel. Launch Excel with Eikon add-in. Select Refinitiv Eikon Datastream tab in Excel ribbon and click on Static Request or Time Series Request button. This will open the wizard that guides you through creating a request in Excel. To explore the Datatypes or fields click the Datatypes button in the wizard. For more details check out the Help by clicking the Help button in Refinitiv Eikon Datastream ribbon and navigating to Data Selection - Selecting datatypes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.