question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 4 5 5

How can I call a full list of companies listed in one country (e.g., Australia) in a specific year (e.g., 2005)?

I am using EIKON RnA with Datastream API add-on.

I need a full list of companies listed in a specific country (e.g., Australia) in a specific year (e.g., 2005 and 2006).

I heard that EIKON cannot do this, but it is possible with Datastream, but I do not know how to.

Thank you for the help in advance.

datastream-apidsws-apiequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @dosyd

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@dosyd

Datastream supports Constituent Lists of instruments, e.g. LFTSE100, LS&PCOMP, LDAXINDX, LSTOKYOSE, etc. You can add MMYY after the symbol to get the historical constituent list, such as LFTSE1001219 for December 2019.

You need to check if the Datastream provides a symbol for a list of companies listed in a specific country (e.g., Australia). You can access the Datastream navigator to search for symbols or directly contact the Refinitiv Datastream Web Service support team via MyRefinitiv to verify the required symbols.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Another way to do so is to search Australia equities in Datastream Navigator, and export the full list to excel. Then, in Python, pull Base Date (listed date) and Dead Date (delisted or bankrupted date) of the companies in the excel file. This way, this can find the full list of public companies a specific year.

As you suggested, I will contact the help desk to see if the Datastream supports such a symbol.

Thank you very much for the help :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.