question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Mergers & Acquisitions - Missing column - What should I do?

Hi, I'm new here and since I did not find any solutions, I have to ask my question here, actually two questions and both of those two questions are related to Mergers & Acquisitions.

First question: I chose wanted Columns and deleted unwanted ones. However, one column that is extremely important for me is missing. That column is VOLUME of publicly traded stocks inside Mergers & Acquisitions tool. The daily trading volume (average, e.g. for past between 3 and 15 days). The volume column of quantity of stocks is nowhere to be chosen. What could I do? The list is so big, even if I'm using several filters, I cannot check for every single acquirer company whether it has my wanted minimum volume. Of course with that question, the subquestion is basically obvious: Extremely often it happens that particular public enterprise has their publicly traded stocks on multiple worldwide stock exchanges. In that case I would need volume for each stock exchange the enterprise has stocks in. If Volume column, which is missing ( ! ) in collection of columns of Mergers & Acquisitions tool, cannot be added into the collection so I could add it then what's the next best possible way? I thought about screening the companies where Volume is available and then exporting it but I would have no idea what to do in Excel. Also there is no way the screener I would get those same Acquirer companies as in mergers acquisitions tool.

Second question: Regarding the value ''Pending'' in column ''Deal Status'' I saw that it often happens the data is wrong. I contacted a member of their board of directors and he was telling me the deal was completed long time ago and that I should had done more research. However, Eikon (Xenith) is showing Pending which is wrong information. It's completed and not pending. I was told the deal was done. How can I solve this terrible problem and get accurate and valid information when it comes to deal status? Once I found out the Volume of publicly traded stocks of acquirer company and if above my minimum, I have massive amount of work to be done. I definitely cannot waste all the time just to find out the deal is already completed because completed deals make no sense to me. I need the ones at the starting stage or in progress. I don't need the stage level to be given. However, what I definitely need is to get Pending value in Deal Status only where deal is really in progress, regardless of its stage (even if it's barely starting), but definitely not getting the Pending value for completed deals. I had several situations like this. How to fix the accuracy of deal status data? What else can I do? I know I could verify this via google search or News webpage of acquirer enterprise's website but this requires massive amount of time. Doing this for every single exported line is impossible.

Thank you very much in advance.

eikoneikon-com-apicorporate-actions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@medvedekbimbi

I'm afraid the moderators on this forum cannot help with the issues you raised. This forum is aimed at software developers using Eikon APIs. The moderators on this forum can only answer questions related to Eikon APIs.
You need to progress the issues you experienced with Refinitiv Helpdesk. One way you can do this is by using live chat with Customer Support in Eikon Messenger. Another option is to call the Helpdesk number in your country.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
78.1k 246 52 72

@medvedekbimbi

I assume that you are using the Advanced Search - Mergers & Acquisitions application in Eikon.

If it is correct, please directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitv to verify the problem.

If not, please explain more about the API or application that you are using.

1609831746456.png (63.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Yes it's Advanced Search (app). I have not received a response from support regarding that case even if I sent follow up message. First problem, described in my above message (different comparing to second problem) is shown on the following image (could you please help?):

The second problem, as described in my first above message, is related to the actual validity of data: false ''Pending''. I saw countless of situations where deal has been already completed but it says Pending anyway. This hurts me a lot because it consumes massive amount of time for me just to find out the info is incorrect.

no-volume.jpg (344.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.