question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 4

EMA Java API: Getting hundreds of "Received an item event without user specified pointer or stream info" errors

I'm using pre-recorded data and the sink_driven_src tool for playback. I'm requesting multiple batches using the example370 from the Java examples as an example template. What could I be missing, or is there likely something wrong with the recorded rwf file?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijavaerror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The client accepted the increasing size of OpenWindow as a workaround. Therefore, I marked it as a correct answer.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 249 52 74

Hi @Raven,

I can replicate the same message when connecting to sink_driven_src.

From my test, it relates to the OpenWindow limit defined in sink_driven_src. The default value is 256.

-w                    Open window (256)

OpenWindow defines the maximum number of outstanding requests (i.e. requests for items not yet open) that the service will allow at any given time.

If items subscribed by Example370 is more than this OpenWindow limit, the example will show the following error message.

Jul 12, 2016 11:11:59 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ItemCallbackClient defaultMsgCallback
SEVERE: loggerMsg
    ClientName: ItemCallbackClient
    Severity: Error
    Text:    Received an item event without user specified pointer or stream info
	Consumer Name Consumer_1_1
	RsslReactor 7db55e6e
	RsslReactorChannel e4ac83c
	RsslSelectableChannel 4f9fe278
loggerMsgEnd

You can avoid this error by using -w option in sink_driven_src to increase the value of OpenWindow.

Please try this -w option and let us know the result.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
103 0 2 1

Could you please provide more information about this issue?

For example:

- version of the sink driven source

- the pre-recorded data... was it recorded with the same sink driven source ?

if not, what was used for the recording

- please attach the pre-recorded data file

Thanks,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 4

This is good news. Unfortunately, I can't test this out at the moment, due to the NPE ( my other question, raised in this forum). As you are getting the same error, this feels like the solution I need. I wasn't setting -w. I will respond, as soon as the other issue is resolved. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

The new case has been created for this issue. The case number is 04756012.

Upvotes
78.8k 249 52 74

EMA Java 3.0.3.L1 / Elektron SDK 1.0.7 is available here. It contains the fix of this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.