Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

Install Python packages in codebook

Dear all,

Please kindly let me know how to install Python packages in codebook, thanks.

Thanks,

George

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @georgelocw

Which Python packages you want to install? You can find the list of pre-installed Python packages in the Codebook environment in the "Libraries&Extensions.md" file in the Codebook explorer. The Codebook supports all those pre-installed packages.

Please note that the Codebook is deployed and hosted in Cloud, so it supports only pre-installed packages only and not allow the installation of external packages.

code-book.png (75.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@georgelocw

If you need to install another 3rd party python library for your project and it's not available on the list which Wasin mentioned. Another option, for now, is to install Jupiter notebook on your local machine, and then you can install the Eikon Data API package or RDP package and run it from your pc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 1

Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@wasin.w

Would you know what the update cycle is for packages? For instance, Codebook comes with seaborn v 11.2 whereas 12.2 is available, i.e. 1.5 years behind. Can updates be requested?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @carsten.nommels

The CodeBook app is part of the Eikon/Workspace desktop application, so I highly recommend you contact the Eikon support team directly to help you with the Codebook release cycle question.

You can contact the team at https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html website.

contact-eikon-support.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.