Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Python API to retrieve date for 2017

I found many questions about news before 15 months. For research purpose, I need to download news for a bunch of tickers in 2017. How could I do? Should I handle the request by hands? please help me.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
95 0 0 1

Hi @barbara.petracci ,

A News Archive offering is available that has News history from 1996. For historical data beyond 15 months, please contact your Refinitiv Account team to get the News Archive

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @barbara.petracci

My understanding is that Eikon limits News history to 15months.

We do have a News Archive Bulk file service for greater coverage - as well as News data on our Refinitiv Data Platform - both of which you should discuss with your Refinitiv Account team for further details.

I will also try and reach out to your Refinitiv Account Contact.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

where can I get in contact with them?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @barbara.petracci

I will chase them again - but you should also refer to anyone in your organisation who is responsible for the maintenance/provisioning of your Eikon software.

Hi @barbara.petracci

I chased your Refintiv Account contact and they have assured me they will reach out to you to discuss further.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.