question

Upvotes
Accepted
383 7 13 15

getting {"error":"access_denied" } error when running EMA example program Cons113.exe

I am trying to run Example program from EMA C++ library ( version 2.0.0.L1) but I am getting below error

loggerMsg

TimeStamp: 13:03:16.067

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Error

Text: Failed to add RsslChannel(s) to RsslReactor. Channel name(s) Channel_4

Instance Name Consumer_4_1

RsslReactor 0x000002B3F5E3B1A0

RsslChannel 0

Error Id -1

Internal sysError 0

Error Location D:\Jenkins\workspace\ESDKCore_RCDEV\OS\VS141-64\rcdev\source\rtsdk\Cpp-C\Eta\Impl\Reactor\rsslReactor.c:6876

Error Text Failed to request authentication token information with HTTP error 400. Text: {"error":"access_denied" }

loggerMsgEnd

Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='Failed to add RsslChannel(s) to RsslReactor. Channel name(s) Channel_4

Instance Name Consumer_4_1

RsslReactor 0x000002B3F5E3B1A0

RsslChannel 0

Error Id -1

Internal sysError 0

Error Location D:\Jenkins\workspace\ESDKCore_RCDEV\OS\VS141-64\rcdev\source\rtsdk\Cpp-C\Eta\Impl\Reactor\rsslReactor.c:6876

Error Text Failed to request authentication token information with HTTP error 400. Text: {"error":"access_denied" }', ErrorCode='-1'

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Bhimrao.Ghule

Do you have Refintiv Realtime Optimised credentials? Did you receive a 'Welcome to Refinitiv - Your New Account' email which contained a MachineID and a link to set your MachineID password?

Hi @umer.nalla ,

Yes I received "Welcome To Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized" email.

There are three steps mentioned in mail.

Step 1 – Receive your Welcome E-mails

Step 2 – Register your Application

Step 3 – Getting Connected.

We completed first two steps and I have AppKey with me. but struggling for step 3.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Bhimrao.Ghule

Just to eliminate the obvious, can you confirm the following:

• The username is the Machine ID that you would have received in a welcome email - something like GE-A-xxxxxxxx-x-xxxx
  • The password is the long password you would have set for the above machineID using the set password link in the above welcome email
  • The Appkey/Client ID was set as described on this page with the EDP API checkbox ticked?
  • That you also have a MyRefinitiv account as mentioned in the Welcome Email

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @umer.nalla I was using username instead of machine ID, I am able to connect to cloud now.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Bhimrao.Ghule

Did you pass a valid MachineID, password, and client id/app key credentials to the EMA example?

If you have Refintiv Real-Time - Optimised access credential, could you please verify your credential with the following curl script to see if it returns access tokens or error messages?

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \
--header 'authorization: ' \
--data-urlencode 'username=<MachineID>' \
--data-urlencode 'password=<Password>' \
--data-urlencode 'grant_type=password' \
--data-urlencode 'scope=trapi' \
--data-urlencode 'takeExclusiveSignOnControl=true' \
--data-urlencode 'client_id=<App Key/Client_ID>'
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @wasin.waeosri ,

I have checke again and seems that, passing valid MachineID, password, and client id/app key credentials to the EMA example.

I run curl command as mentioned, and I got exact same result on curl command also.

Result of curl : {"error":"access_denied" }

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.