question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 4

C# Problem with calling many ItemNames for AdxRtHistory

Having problems retrieving data using the AdxRtHistory class in C#

AdxRtHistory work well for for retrieving past data for a small group of RICs however for large numbers of RICs AdxRtHistory just returns the first 1MB worth of data. The program is currently retrieving the data in one massive batch, I tried doing multiple batches (on the same program) but with no success. Was wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem

Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-com-apic++c#adfin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Used ask an expert to refer to Neil, Evgeny, Alex etc.

Escalated to Ahmed Mohamedali

@yuri.gt a couple of questions:

is there an error or the request just times out?

could you specify the exact number of RICs, e.g. 100 for large requests and 10 for a small group.

There is no error or time out. After about 300-400 RICs or so the program will pause, get the data for those RICs and then fail to get the RIC data for the remaining RICs after that pause. The program would resume and execute without retrieving the data for the last few RICs

I'm also quite sure that it's not a problem with the RIC format, I changed the order of the input of RICs and the program continued to have that brief pause at around 300-400 RICs.

I'm currently using the ItemNames attribute in AdxRtHistory which is a string parameter, I don't think this is the right attribute for calling many RICs since a List would be more suited for the purpose however I'm not sure of the attribute name or if one even exists?

Hi @yuri.gt
AdxRtHistory object is definitely not designed to handle hundreds of RICs as input. Instead of sending all the RICs to the same instance of AdxRtHistory you could create multiple instances of the object and pass a few RICs to each instance.
However using Eikon .NET Data API as suggested by Zhenya Kovalyov would be a much better solution. AdxRtHistory object retrieves timeseries from a legacy source providing very limited breadth and depth of data compared to the source used by Eikon .NET Data API, not to mention a much more modern interface implemented in Eikon .NET Data API.

Show more comments

spoke to the client, suggested using .NET Data API

@yuri.gt

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

I suggest you use the .NET Data API which has more functionality that the AdxRtHistory. The tutorials can be found here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks solved the problem

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.