Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 3 3 1

Can´t connect to the Eikon data API "EikonError-Server Error"

I get the following error message when I try to use the API.

2021-01-19 14:06:06,025 P[19184] [MainThread 9904] Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"self signed certificate in certificate chain","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

2021-01-19 14:06:06,032 P[19184] [MainThread 9904] HTTP request failed: EikonError-Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"self signed certificate in certificate chain","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

It worked last week and the difference is that I reinstalled Eikon Desktop version since I couldn´t log in. I also updated the Eikon Package in Anaconda but it still does not work.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @nicklas.rehnby,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@nicklas.rehnby

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@nicklas.rehnby

I assume your private network has an Internet proxy intercepting HTTPS traffic and requiring an SSL certificate located on your machine to be attached to all HTTPS requests. If this is indeed the case, which you should be able to verify with your IT support, then the issue you experienced is a known problem with certain versions of Eikon API Proxy. There's a couple of ways this problem could be addressed depending on which exact version of Eikon API Proxy you have. The best way to deal with this issue is through Refinitiv Support. I have opened a ticket with Refinitiv Helpdesk on your behalf. The support personnel will reach out to you to address the problem. For your reference the case number is 09547182.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nicklas.rehnby,

Error 500 can be broad, and can be a manifestation of multiple issues.

However, if this error was not intermittent, continues to manifest consistently,

And you were able to connect successfully via Eikon Data API last week,

I would suggest verifying some common possible issues as in the first answer in this previous discussion thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.