question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

Cannot query non 'TR.XXX' fields using /data/datagrid/beta1/ API

I am trying to use the /data/datagrid/beta1/ API, but notice that any fields queried that do not start with TR such as CURRENCY, RDN_EXCHID, RDN_EXCHD2 or LOT_SIZE are not recognized as valid fields and thus do not even generate a response. Does anyone know if there is a limitation to this api to only accept TR.XXX fields such as TR.Sedol for example? I already understood that CF_XXX fields are not accepted as they are Eikon mapppings. Eikon provided me with the real data feed mapping for these various fields but they do not start with 'TR', so they are not being accepted by this api.

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformbeta
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Marco.Buonastella,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@Marco.Buonastella

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @Marco.Buonastella,

The datagrid service does not presently support a few things, such as realtime FIDs (CURRENCY, LOT_SIZE, etc), including CF_ realtime fields and chains. That being said, the snapshot service endpoint will provide some of these realtime fields: data/pricing/beta3/snapshots.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

How do we get access to data/pricing/beta3/snapshots we get an error trying to access it?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @bfilkey,

You will need to reach out to your Refinitiv account manager to grant you access. After some testing, the snapshot service does not yet provide CF_<fields> but will provide you the standard real-time streaming fields.

If it is mandatory that you need the CF_ fields, the only available service that I'm aware of is the streaming service when you access it through the desktop.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Will it provide access specifically to: TR.FiOptionAdjustedDuration ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @bfilkey,

At some point, I would imagine the DataGrid endpoint service will provide both TR (Reference data) as well as CF (Common Fields - realtime data). The streaming service I mentioned above will only provide steaming data. If you need access to TR.FiOptionAdjustedDuration, you will need to use the DataGrid endpoint.

The data grid endpoint is missing: TR.FiOptionAdjustedDuration for USFN3020=TWEB despite it existing in data fields in Eikon . What is the issue as I thought it should be there?

Hi @bfilkey,

The DataGrid endpoint in RDP unfortunately has not yet implemented all available data. For example, it is missing realtime, chains and what appears to be some TR reference data. I'm not sure what the actual error you are getting is, but this is what I'm receiving:

{'error': {'code': 221, 'description': 'The access to field(s) denied.'}}

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.