question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 1 1

Unable to download OpenDacs SDK - What means ReLoginUserPass?

It's not possible anymore to download the Java Open DACS SDK from following link: https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/open-data-access-control-system-api-java/downloads

It shows 404 not found.

We need the documentation (Java Developer Guide), to know why a customers client is receiving following event and how we have to handle it: "ReLoginUserPass". We don't know what this event means and how the receiving application should handle it.

Thanks in adavance!

DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @kaiping

I have reported your issue to the Developer Portal Support team - who are investigating.

In the meantime, I have been advised that they are able to recreate intermittently - so please try again a few times and see if it succeeds.

Asked @Theodore.Ludkowski to comment on the meaning of ReLoginUserPass

Also reported the download problem to DeveloperPortalSupport

@kaiping

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@kaiping

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @kaiping

I have been advised that a reLoginUserPass means that the user being referred to has had their permissions updated on the DACS system

As such, the application must re-permission each opened streaming item of that user to verify all content is still allowed to the user.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 1 1

Hi @umer.nalla

thanks for your help!
Do you also have information about the ReLoginUserPass Event?

kind regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 2 1 1

Thanks for your help @umer.nalla!

I have a last question.
What is the best way to identify this event in the processEvent(...) callback?
Because the ReLoginUserPass is not part of one of following EventMsg/EventStatus classes
AuthorizationAgentEventMsg
AuthorizationAgentEventStatus

Thanks in advance!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @kaiping

Can you confirm how or where you are receiving the ReLoginPass value in terms of the OpenDacs API?

In terms of your final query, please refer to the documentation for AuthorizationAgentEvent and AuthorizationAgentEventStatus.

You will find that AuthorizationAgentEvent will return a getStatus() of type AuthorizationAgentEventStatus(). If you check possible return values, you will note there is a DO_REPERMISSION status Code. This is the event type that indicates that your application needs to re-permission any open items to confirm access is still allowed.

Also, if you were unable to download the SDK from the Developer portal, you can try and access it from the My.Refintiv Software Download section too

Search Downloads/Loadview | MyRefinitiv

1611309694242.jpeg (113.4 KiB)
1611309883814.png (68.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 2 1 1

Hi @umer.nalla,

our client saw this event a couple of times in their environment using our software.
The software uses the OpenDacs API for login/logout/permission checks of client requests. They said this occurs without changing any permissions for the specific user. Anyway, we'll obeserve this behaviour and try how it goes with logging out the specific username from each host.

Thanks for links, they're working perfectly!

So that means, that a ReloginUserPass is actually the same (or can be handle) as a DO_REPERMISSION event?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @kaiping

Yes, I checked with our Dacs expert and he confirmed the ReLoginPass relates to rechecking permissions of the user.

As per my earlier email, can you confirm how/where exactly you are getting or seeing this ReloginUserPass value? Which event or message etc are they seeing this value?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.