Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 1

Error trying to access Eikon API using Python within Databricks Notebook

I get the following error when trying to access the Eikon API in a Databricks notebook:

Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

If it is helpful, I ran the PowerShell script "checkeikondataapips1.ps1", the output file is attached

output.txt

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1611145436408.png (72.1 KiB)
output.txt (94.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@sebastian.masiakowski

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@sebastian.masiakowski So I am assuming the Databricks notebook is running on a remote machine in the cloud - so this would not work as Eikon license does not allow for this (you must run on the same machine and all requests are routed through a proxy locally installed).

You can however use the new codebook app (type codebk into eikon search) and this can launch our cloud hosted scripting environment which can give you a remote compute instance which is allowed as it is in our secure compute enclave. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jason.ramchandani01 Is there a scheduler option in the codebook app similar to Databricks which executes the code by itself?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.