Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 4

eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"connect ETIMEDOUT 159.220.1.19:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

I was trying to run eikon API, but an error showed

eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"connect ETIMEDOUT 159.220.1.19:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

Could you help me solve it? please feel free to forward if this is not the right channel

Many thanks in advance,

Ray

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rayr.hou,

<private post>

I believe your question is on Eikon Data API and not on Screening?

Moving your post to Eikon Data API forums, so that the right audience, developers that are using Eikon Data APIs, can see it.

Hello @rayr.hou,

The timeout on connection can be happening for more then one reason. In order to narrow down the likely causes, it would be helpful to know:

• If the timeout is consistent, it keeps happening; or is intermittent, once, or for a limited period of time?
  • Have you been connecting successfully before, or just getting started?
  • If you have been connecting before this time, be helpful to know what was updated, upgraded or has possibly changed?

Hi Zoya,

I just get started and this error happens every time. fyi, I am using python 3.8

@rayr.hou

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @rayr.hou,

The timeout on connection, manifesting as error 500, can be happening for more then one reason. I would categorize the origins of these errors into three main families:

1. Hindered connectivity can be an issue. If you are establishing connection from behind your organization's firewall this would likely be the case. The persons to confirm this would be network admin/group. Please find more in this previous discussion thread .

2. Refinitiv workspace/Eikon Proxy is part of your Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace installation, it runs automatically and responsible for establishing your connectivity to endpoints. Any issue accessing it successfully will prevent you from running API. Please find the detailed guidance on how to verify and troubleshoot this aspect in Eikon API Troubleshooting article.

3. Several important bug fixes have been applied in the past to Eikon API, eliminating issues, and also some common-use python module versions are not recommended to use together. This is less likely in your case, as you have just installed afresh. Nevertheless, having eliminated the previous causes, would suggest this previous discussion thread for how to verify these types of issues.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.