For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 4 4

Client having issue with DSS Intraday extraction on API Visual Studio (case 09572330)

For intradaypricing?. I was create new project and attach .dlls from tool kits, but it still not show data it not give error , it hang on following line
var extractionResult = ExtractionsContext.ExtractWithNotes(extractionRequest);

Yes it same code. I have no problem in endofdaypricing it only happening in intradaypricing. If it possible meeting on zoom or team on which I can share my screen. I am using Visual studio 2019. Window 10. It look like toolkit dill version issue.

When I change INTRADAY template get following error

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Code

var ExtractionsContext = new ExtractionsContext(new Uri("https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/"), userId, passWord);

var availableFields = ExtractionsContext.GetValidContentFieldTypes(ReportTemplateTypes.IntradayPricing);

var extractionRequest = new IntradayPricingExtractionRequest

Client uses the code from:

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/GettingStartedToolkit

He says "I have no problem in endofdaypricing it only happening in intradaypricing. If it possible meeting on zoom or team on which I can share my screen. I am using Visual studio 2019. Window 10. It look like toolkit dill version issue. "

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsshistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @mohamed.hisham,

Please be informed, that these are API discussion forums, they are primarily targeted at general discussions and questions on DSS API usage, not client specific environment troubleshooting, this is where they are most effective.

However, we would like to help, if we can.

With this goal in mind, let me confirm:

• The client has downloaded and run example "RESTAPIExampleApplication" and is opening and running it without modifications? (the references should be included in the solution already, should be no need to explicitly include), prior to running a custom project and including DLLs explicitly?
  • The client was able to authenticate, test EOD request via example GUI, get the result back, but not intraday request, via the provided example app, and only unable to do so once they have started a custom app, or there were issues with intraday on the standard example run as well?
  • The client is permissioned for intraday, and able to request intraday via DSS GUI?
  • The client is using supported .Net framework, not .Net core, as discussed on this forum prior, for example in this previous discussion thread

To simplify and speed up the process of getting started with .Net SDK, suggest to ask the client to register and participate on this developer portal and the fiorums, directly.

Would like to suggest referring the client to

Quick Start Guide for DSS

that explains the quickest steps to get started integrating with DSS

as well as

DSS .Net Tutorials

they explain specific DSS .Net integration tasks step-by-step.

I hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.