question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 3 4

RMDS - Can fieldDictionary and enumFile be loaded over the network?

We use local files for *enumFile and *fieldDictionary in rmds.cnf config file. Is it possible to load these files from upstream servers instead? If not, do Refinitiv send out notifications when production dictionary is about to be updated?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructure
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @a0z

If you are interested in receiving a Notification email when a new version of the Data Dictionary files released, please try the following.

Navigate to the following page (if you don't have a MyRefinitv login, please create one first using your corporate email address:

User Profile | MyRefinitiv

The above should take you to your Profile Page, on which you should see the following section

Click Edit link and select Yes, I would like to receive on the popup dialog.

The above should allow you to receive notifications when a new version of a package you have previously downloaded is released.

To receive notifications for the Dictionary files, please go ahead and download a TREP Template Service Pack - so that you can start to receive a notification when newer versions of this are released.

At present, the New Software download email is sent from CTSDeliverySupport AT refinitiv.com - so, you may want to add it to your Outlook contacts - to avoid it being treated as Spam.

As you will note from the available Downloads list, they are released approx every 6-8 weeks - so you may wish to set a calendar reminder to check the above page if you have not received a notification email by then. IF you do fail to receive an email for a new release. I recommend you raise a support ticket at MyRefinitiv so they can investigate the problem.

1612774957555.png (24.1 KiB)
1612774340134.png (49.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @a0z,

In general, yes, and there is example that comes with SDK, but to be more specific, please confirm what API/language you code with?

Refinitiv issues field changes and additions as part of various data notification in My Refinitiv -> Data Notifications area.

However, in my understanding, you are looking to be notified of the upgrade to the dictionaries on the infrastructure you are connecting to. If it's a Refinitiv hosted infrastructure, the upcoming updates are usually part of the email notification to a designated address within customer organization; if it is your organization's deployed infrastructure you connect to, the best contact is your local market data admin/group as they would update the application owners.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 3 4

Hello @zoya.farberov

I currently use Java EMA API and the EMA client loads the dictionaries from the RMDS server over the network. The RMDS server (Refinitiv binary) loads the dictionaries from file system as configured in rmds.cnf My question is whether RMDS server can load the dictionaries over the network, (not whether EMA client can load them over the network).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @a0z,

Thank you for the clarification, it is helpful.

I think by "RMDS server" you mean Refintiv Realtime Advanced Distribution Server (ADS) formerly P2PS, that is part of your organization's deployed Refinitiv Realtime Distribution System (formerly TREP). From the latest documentation, Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System 3.5 Online Documentation Library the dictionaries are read from file.

This forum is primarily intended for Refinitiv API-centered general questions and discussions, I am a developer, this defines my angle on this.

However, let us think together, would this make sense- if there are applications that are relying on your local infrastructure to carry specific fields, and the dictionaries are managed upstream, then potentially, your local market data group/admin would not be in control of when the updates go through, and the local production-enabling applications can potentially be impacted. Do you see?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 3 4

Hi @zoya.farberov

I understand that control would be limited if dictionaries are loaded from upstream server, it's acceptable in our use case. As this isn't the best place to ask this question, could you tell me where I should ask this question?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @a0z,

As according to the documentation, the functionality as you describe is not available, can not be sure if asking the question would be fully effective, but would try contacting the group/admin that is in charge your Refinitiv Realtime Distribution System. From what you mention, in terms of the access to configuration, likely your infrastructure is "deployed", so would suggest to contact your local market data group/admin, or Refinitiv hosted support organization, if you infrastructure is "hosted".

If you are looking to suggest an enhancement request on the product, there are two main ways to proceed. One is to Submit Feedback on Product on My Refinitiv, and describe in detail the enhancement that you are suggesting to that the appropriate product management can be informed and potentially, if other clients are asking for the same, prioritize your request. The other approach is to contact your Refinitiv account manager, to both advise in detail on your requirement, and to potentially help you convey the enhancement feedback to the appropriate group within Refinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.