Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 5 8 8

Find EFP (exchange for physicals) and EFS volumes of a list of future contracts

Hello,

When i go to my reuters screen on a certain future contract (example : SBK1) I can draw a graph and decide to display the "fields" EFS & EFP to show the volume of those specific types of transactions.

I would like to be able to load this information via Python:

ex: df,e = ek.get_data(["SBK1"],["EFP_DATE','EFP VOLUME'])

Can you please help to obtain the result ?

Thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapicommodities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@emmanuel.chaslin

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You can get current values for these data points from streaming market data using

ek.get_data('SBK1',['EFS_VOL','EFP_VOL'])

But programmatic retrieval of the timeseries for these data points is currently only available through Eikon .NET APIs and through RHistory library of Eikon COM APIs. The latter can only be used in Excel VBA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

How to check that for a specific date in the future please? thanks in advance.

@emmanuel.chaslin

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you elaborate? What exactly would you like to check for a specific date in the future?

sorry, i meant a date in the past :). Would like to be able to load this information for dates in the past

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.