Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Fetching #0.FTSE RICs doesn't work anymore since today whereas it works for #0.FCHI for instance

Since today I cannot fetch ['TR.RIC', 'CF_NAME'] for '0#.FTSE' whereas it works for '0#.FCHI' for instance. It was working until now an it broke up suddenly today. Any idea ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

I restarted everything, PC and Eikon. It works now. Curious, I didn't dream, I had '0#.FCHI' working and '0#.FTSE' not working. Thanks for the support Alex.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

'#0.FTSE' is an invalid RIC. The correct one is '0#.FTSE', but I assume this is just a typo in the post. Do you get any error messages? Can you display 0#.FTSE in a Quote app in Eikon application? Unlike CAC 40, FTSE 100 and its constituents are fee liable data. Could it be that your entitlements changed?

icon clock
10 |1500

I confirm that I get the error with 0#.FTSE. Here is what I get with Quote.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

So, you're able to retrieve the constituents of FTSE 100 in a Quote app. This suggests the problem is not the entitlements. What are the symptoms you see when you request the chain using Eikon Data APIs? Do you get any errors? Is the error element of the tuple returned by get_data method None or does it contain anything?
I notice in your request you retrieve a mix of fundamental & reference fields (the ones that start with TR.) and real-time fields. This is generally not a good idea when retrieving chains. Try requesting only the real-time fields, e.g.

ek.get_data('0#.FTSE',['CF_NAME'])

The RIC is always returned anyway, there's no need to explicitly request it.
Or try to retrieve only the fundamental fields, e.g.

ek.get_data('0#.FTSE',['TR.CommonName'])

Are you able to retrieve the chain for FTSE 100 using one of the two calls above?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.