For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 2

Sample and Tutorial for Contribution using .NET/C# needed

Hello,

we have developed a .NET based application written in C# to contribute RICS based data to Refnitiv servers. This application is using the Reuters MarketLink IP protocol, more precisely the API called "Marketfeed over TCP/IP" (MFOT). Our software is successfully running since several years at major financial institutions in Europe. As Marketlink is to be discontinued later this year, we were asked now to replace this with Refinitiv Contributions Channel.

I was not successful until now to detect some tutorials or sample code how to implement such an application with .NET/C#. I was advised by to ask my questions here in this forum, so here I am.

So can anybody here please be so kind and teil me where to look for C# sample code, tutorials etc. for contributing via RCC. Since our current MFOT implementation is based on direct TCP connections to Refinitiv Servers, we would clearly favour implementing such a direct access.

Thanks a lot in advance!

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkc#.netcontributionsrcc-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @hege

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @hege

We are currently planning a tutorial on how to contribute data directly to RCC using the Websocket API - which is the current choice for contributions using languages other than C++ or Java.

The article below provides an overview of how to Contribute to RCC using Websocket - albeit via a Refinitiv Real-time Distribution system (formerly known as TREP).

Contributing your data to Refinitiv with Elektron WebSocket API | Refinitiv Developers

Whilst this will not provide the full information you require at this point, it should still provide some useful information and help with future planning - e.g. familiarise yourself with the Websocket API. Refinitiv WebSocket API | Refinitiv Developers
The Download tab of the above includes some C# Consumer examples and also includes some general tutorials.

If, however, you are able to use Java or C++, then you can refer to these tutorials instead

Java Tutorial - Posting to RCC

C++ Tutorial - Posting to RCC

I will also pass your details to the person organising the Posting to RCC With Websocket tutorial - so they can hopefully update you once it is ready. I don't have a timescale at this moment.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @hege

Please be informed that you can find the WebSocket API - Posting to Real-time Distribution system example in C# language (MarketPricePostingExample.cs) in the following locations:

This MarketPricePostingExample.cs aims for posting to the Real-time Distribution system but it can use the same logic as the WebSocket Python in this article to contribute data to RCC via the Real-time Distribution system.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.