question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Getting Parse Error while trying to establish a SXS session using the handshake request

Hi, I am trying to set up the environment to use the Side By Side Interoperability API.

For this I was referring to the Quick start guide that is available at this link : https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/side-by-side-integration/quick-start

I successfully started and logged in to Eikon. Then, I was also able to successfully ping the SXS server using the Postman Utility at port 9001 (since 9000 was being already used on my system).

After this, I was trying to establish a Session and for this I first generated the Product ID and App key using the App key generator in Eikon

and then passed the below JSON object

{

"command": "handshake",

"productId": "SWITCHANDDATASYSTEMS.EIKOND.......",

"appKey": "1d8281c18........"

}

I followed all the steps that is mentioned in the Quick start guide to establish a SXS session. I ensured that the raw data is selected and the type of data is set to JSON within the Postman utility.

However, on posting the above JSON, I am getting the below error in response

{

"isSuccess": false,

"error":

{

"code": -32700,

"message": " Parse error"

}

}

It seems there is some Parsing error but the JSON object that I am passing seems to be correct.

Please refer the below image

Could you please help with this.

side-by-side-api
1612769557059.png (103.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.6k 248 52 74

@Vaibhav.Gandhe

If you copied the request from the website, it may contain invalid characters.

Please manually type the request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.