Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
12 4 4 8

Retrieve time-series form the cloud

Hello, I have a Jupyter Notebook running on the cloud. The Eikon API works only locally , and I would like to ask if there is an equivalent way to retrieve time-series and prices through web authentication (REST API or similar) .

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apijupyter-notebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@davide.costanzo You are correct that the Eikon Data API only works locally - due to licensing restrictions. For server side apps or notebooks you could try our Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP) APIs (standardised Web APIs) with or without our ease-of-use RDP libraries to receive timeseries or streaming prices (or lots of other content as well).

You have access to these on your current desktop license (but only via the local API proxy). Additionally, you can look at examples of these using our server side codebook app (our cloud hosted scripting environment) in eikon (type codebk into eikon search bar). In codebook you can use these APIs with a desktop session as its within our secure compute enclave.

To use these server side outside of codebook you need to subscribe to RDP and obtain a separate machine ID which will allow you to use these directly accessing RDP (ie not via the proxy or in codebook). You can speak to your account manager who can arrange this for you.

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.