question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

RDP data queries

HI team, Kindy check if we have the below data in RDP. We tried looking, but unable to find:

1. Country of Incorporation: (i.e 0700.HK ->Cayman Islands)

In Eikon: Found in Corporate Information

In RKD API: Found in Fundamentals Service > Get General Info/Get Snapshot Reports

In RDP: Not Found

2. Free Float percent and it's historical data: (i.e 0700.HK -> 60.1864233493)

In Eikon: Found in Ownership Tab > Free Float

In RKD API: Found in Fundamentals Service > Get General Info/Get Snapshot Reports

3. Stock Futures Chain RIC from stock RIC: (i.e INFY.NS ->0#INFY:NS)

In Eikon: Found in Derivatives Tab > All Futures > Stock Futures

In RKD API: Not Found

4. Sector Index from stock RIC: (i.e 0939.HK ->.HSNF(Hang Seng Finance Index)

In Eikon: Found in Corporate Information > Index Membership

In RKD API: Found in Fundamentals Service > Get General Info/Get Snapshot Reports > Index Membership

In RDP: Not found

5. Security Type: (i.e for 0700.HK, Ordinary Shares)

In Eikon: Found in Search Results

In RKD API: Found in Found in Fundamentals Service > Get General Info/Get Snapshot Reports

6. SZSE SEHK Connect Eligibility : (i.e SHHK_BS)

In Eikon: Not Found

10. A/H Share conversion (i.e 0939.HK ->601939.SS)

11. Index Constituents and Weight % including historical data.

In Eikon: Found in Constituents Tab

In RKD API: Quote Chain > Get Chain components and Get Quote chains

12. Financial Status Indicator: In Elektron, we support this data on FID8570 for Shanghai SE and Shenzhen SE. (For example, 900907.SS FID8570 will be "S")

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mauren.pagsuyuin

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @mauren.pagsuyuin,

The examples I provided use the RDP Library for Python, which is an ease-of-use library that provides interfaces to hide the underlying RDP API endpoints. For example, the rdp.search() function above uses the Search API (api.refinitiv.com/discovery/search/v1/).

Within Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace, when you open up CodeBook, you will see an example under the folder: /Examples/02-Refinitiv Data Platform Library/ (1.5.0-Function-Search).

However, I would recommend you review my link to the Search article I provided in the previous answer. Not only does that article provide guidance and usage of the service, but has a link to numerous examples demonstrating the concepts.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @mauren.pagsuyuin,

For the questions related to retrieving some basic company and property-related data, you can use the Search API. For example, here are a few to get you started:

-Country of Incorporation: i.e 0700.HK ->Cayman Islands

rdp.search(
    filter = "PrimaryRIC xeq '0700.HK' and \
              RCSCountryOfIncorporationLeaf ne null",
    select = "PrimaryRIC,RCSCountryOfIncorporationLeaf"
)

-Stock Futures Chain RIC from stock RIC: i.e INFY.NS ->0#INFY:NS

rdp.search(
    filter = "UnderlyingQuoteRIC eq 'INFY.NS' and \
              IsChain eq true",
)

-Sector Index from stock RIC: i.e 0939.HK ->.HSNF(Hang Seng Finance Index)

rdp.search(

filter = "code eq '0939.HK' and IsMemberOfIndex eq true",

select = "DocumentTitle,MainIndexCommonName"

)

I would suggest you reference the Search Article for tips and tricks as well as many examples showing the different techniques and how to approach search.

For your requests related to retrieving values, you can use the get_data() function defined within Eikon Data API, here is an example for you:

-Free Float percent and it's historical data: i.e 0700.HK -> 60.1864233493

df,err = ek.get_data('0700.HK', ['TR.FreeFloatPct'])
df

Within the Eikon desktop, you can use the Data Item Browser as a tool to help define the fields to extract.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

@nick.zincone.1 HI Nick, seems like search in RDP has not been introduced to us yet. What is the endpoint in RDP for it?

-Country of Incorporation: i.e 0700.HK ->Cayman Islands

1. rdp.search(
  2.     filter = "PrimaryRIC xeq '0700.HK' and \
  3.               RCSCountryOfIncorporationLeaf ne null",
  4.     select = "PrimaryRIC,RCSCountryOfIncorporationLeaf"

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.