question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 4 5 7

Publishing using NIP ETA library (F10: Not In Cache error when consuming)

Hello All,

I am trying to develop a Non-Interactive provider using the ETA library - Java SDK.

A NIP service(NIP_TEST) has also been created and I am able to login as a provider to provide content.

I have executed the sample programs provided in the Java SDK successfully and can see the Refresh/Update messages written to TREP being logged.

However, on running the consumer application to consume content which was published from the NIP service, I am getting an error with the following status message

State: Closed/Suspect/None - text: "F10: Not In Cache" dataSize="0"

I understand that this means that the item I am trying to consume is not available in the ADH cache.

Could you please help understand why this might be the case?

I have verified that the item published and being consumed are for the same name and service ID.

Is there be any other configuration to allow caching of data in ADH or any way to determine if data published from a NIP application is written to TREP successfully.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrepjavanon-interactive-provider
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @arvnar2407,

NIP connects to ADH to publish. I would ask your local market data group/admin, to verify that they see the configured service NIP_TEST or TEST, via adhmon tool, and it goes "UP" when you connect with NIP.

Please see tutorial EMA NI Provider - Connecting to the ADH for a detailed explanation of what is happening.

Notice how the tutorial ends with "Ultimately, ask your RTDS administrator to help you to investigate with RTDS monitoring tools like adhmon." this may be necessary to learn more.

Is service created (seen in adhmon), as "TEST" or "NIP_TEST"? In my udnerstaing, service name you publish on has to match.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @arvnar2407,

Few things you could check are:

Are you consuming from same ADS where the item is published. Maybe it is not setup to cascad across the infrastructure.

Are you able to see the published item in the adsmon console?

What does it show in the ADS logs?

Can you enable RSSL logging in your provider to see the OMM messages?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @arvnar2407,

Let me just confirm, that the service NIP_TEST that you are trying to publish to, has been created on your testbed Refinitiv Realtime Distritribution System (RRDS/TREP) by your local market data group/admin, and your connecting user is permissioned to publish to this service?

In case you are in control of your testbed infra, have admin access to it, please find tutorial Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System Configuration for NI Providers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 4 5 7

@zoya.farberov @Gurpreet Thank you for the response.

1. I can confirm that I am requesting data from the same ADS that I am publishing to. (Only Port Number varies for Provider and Consumer)

2. I do not have access to ADS logs or ADSMON console. I can verify this with my Market Data Admin

3. I have enabled logging on my end and below is a sample refresh message that my NIP application is logging

<REFRESH domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="-2" containerType="FIELD_LIST" flags="0x1C8 (HAS_MSG_KEY|REFRESH_COMPLETE|HAS_QOS|CLEAR_CACHE)" groupId="0" Qos: Realtime/TickByTick/Static - timeInfo: 0 - rateInfo: 0 State: Open/Ok/None - text: "Refresh Completed" dataSize="9">
    <key flags="0x07 (HAS_SERVICE_ID|HAS_NAME|HAS_NAME_TYPE)" serviceId="258" name="TEST" nameType="1"/>
    <dataBody>
        <fieldList flags="0x08 (HAS_STANDARD_DATA)">
            <fieldEntry fieldId="6" dataType="REAL" data="100.0"/>
        </fieldList>
    </dataBody>
</REFRESH>

4. I can also confirm that NIP_TEST service with a service ID of 258 has been created and I have the perms to publish this information

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.