question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

TREP SSL connection

error: trying to consult a RIC from the TREP server the data dictionaries exist on the server with reading permissions, it only works if downloadDataDict is changed from TRUE to FALSE and creating in a local way the dictionaries, in addition, you can add to the connection the routes/paths that were previously created

****Error****

com.reuters.rfa.internal.session.md.DictLoader$DataDictInfoWatchEntry runImpl

INFO: com.reuters.rfa.session

Attempt to download MarketFeed dictionary failed

treprfarfa-apissl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ivanlara96,

Please include any information that we would need to try to reproduce the issue, for example:

• Has this issue been the case from the beginning, or it just started happening?
  • Version of RFA, language, version of your organization's distribution infrastructure?
  • Can the issue be reproduced with one of the standard examples that came with RFA SDK (MDSubDemo?) , or it only happens with custom consumer application?

---

Please note just in case, that we would not recommend developing a new RFA Market Data consumer. For a new consumer application, we would highly advise to consider new Refinitiv Realtime API suite, consider EMA API in your language option:

Refinitiv Real-Time SDK APIs: Java Edition

Refinitiv Real-Time SDK APIs: C/C++ Edition

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ivanlara96

You have mentioned that you can consume RICs using OMMViewer - which uses an RSSL connection on port 14002. Therefore, please test with another 8101 (SSL) example such as the MDSubDemo mentioned above by my colleague.

You stated that the problem has arisen after a recent TREP upgrade - so it is possible that whilst the RSSL related config is correct, there may be an issue with the SSL related config.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Hi @zoya.farberov

This problem arose recently after a reinstallation that was carried out in the TREP.

We query the rics through a MATLAB function, our connection is like the following:

https://la.mathworks.com/help/datafeed/configuring-enterprise-platform-from-refinitiv-connections.html

The only way we can consult it is as I mentioned above if downloadDataDict is changed from TRUE to FALSE and creating the dictionaries locally.

In addition we can also consult rics through the OMM Viewer.

1612924716742.png (182.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @ivanlara96

Could you please check your "autoDictionaryDownload" configuration value in the _System/DataDictionaries node?

datadict-config.png (118.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @ivanlara96,

A little disclaimer. I am not familiar with MatLab adapter, only RFA. In addition to the suggestion from @wasin.waeosri, would it make sense to verify, that the newer dictionaries that are now being made available from local Refinitiv Realtime Distribution System (TREP) are compatible with MatLab adapter code? The local dictionaries you have continue to work, but likely are older. It may be worth finding out with MatLab what dictionary versions are supported and next inquiring with local market data group, what version of the dictionaries is downloadable, to see if this is the issue. Perhaps there is an adapter upgrade that is required. The version of the local appendix_a dictionary, just in case, can be found at the top of the dictionary file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Hi @zoya.farberov

I'd like to do a test with the MDSubDemo. Can you tell me if that tool can be downloaded?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hi @ivanlara96,

MDSubDemo is a code example, that was part of MD-enabled versions of RFA 7.x (8.X version do not support MD, only OMM). My understanding is that you are in Java, see Downloads-> rfaj7.7.0.L1.zip, you may need to request access to download it, should not be available for download automatically, as this is an old version and we discourage new development with it, should be done with Refinitiv Realtime SDK APIs.

Alternatively, it may be easier to test with pre-build operations test tool rmdstestclient that is part of Infra Tools package , operations package of test tools, that can be downloaded by clients ( use client account) via My Refinitiv -> Products -> Software Downloads -> MDS Infra -> Infrastructure Tools.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.