Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 2 3 4

Shareholder History Frequency

In Python, is it possible to set the parameters of the get_data function in such a way that it pulls the largest shareholders at each end of quarter for a number of years, say 2005-2010? I have only managed to do this with loops for now, each time setting a different SDate.

Thank you!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @dpi.eco,

It may be helpful to share the complete request that you currently issue with loop, as a starting point?

Upvotes
Accepted
25 2 3 4
for i in range(1995, 2020):
    for z in range(1, 5): 
        ek_data, err=ek.get_data(ISIN_list,fields,{"SDate": str(z)+"QCY"+str(i),"EndNum":"40", "CURN": "DKK"})
        ek_data["y"]=i
        ek_data["q"]=z
        df_list.append(ek_data)

Thank you for your answers. Please find the code I currently use above. It puts every period in a separate dataframe and then appends the dataframe to a list.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@dpi.eco

I don't believe there's a way to request the list of company shareholders for a range of dates. As far as I can see the only way to construct what you're looking for is to retrieve the list of shareholders in a loop for one date at a time, as you're doing now.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.