question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 0

Status code 0 instead of 202

Hi,
Brand new to Refinitiv!
Short version background: I am not allowed to add the DSS dll library to my project (see why in longer version below), so I will have to code everything using Microsoft tools only.

I have used the old-fashioned Microsoft tools (System.Net.WebRequest, System.Net.WebResponse and System.IO.Steam) to create a console app which can request data from Refinitiv. When requesting few data, it works as expected. But when requesting more data, I do not get my data.I know that I should get a status 200 + data (which I do) when data is returned before a timeout, but I should also get a status 202 and a header with a "location" where I can re-request data, until data is available, if data is not available "instantly". Unfortunately when I get a timeout I get a Status 0 and the header is empty.

So how do I proceed from here?

Longer version: My app should be a part of a SSIS-package. And in SSIS you cannot reference external dll's (unless you can add the dll to the GAC, which is not an option in my case). This is why I am stuck with MS dll's only.

dss-rest-apidatastream-apidsws-apic#.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hello @ofr,

HTTP protocol does not have a definition for code 0. This means, that status (and empty header) is being returned from your local libraries and not the DSS server. This is probably happening because of timeout. You will have to play around with the timeout settings, and maybe setup some debugging-proxy to capture the raw interactions between DSS servers and your application, to see whats happening.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Gurpreet! Feel like Homer Simpson in a "dough" moment! I thought I forced the server timeout to be 5 seconds to provoke a timeout. But setting my timeout to 5 seconds forced the client to stop - forcing the code to be 0 (or rather - not waiting for a response from the server!)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.