Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

ETF fund past portfolio holdings via Eikon API

Hi,

In reference to the question raised here: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/42729/mutual-fund-past-portfolio-holdings-via-eikon-api.html

Has there been any updates on this, is this now possible?

Second question: In reference to this: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/42523/access-mutual-fund-portfolio-holdings-via-eikon-ap.html

I am getting a much shorter and different list when extracting bond etfs fund holdings via the TR.FundHoldingName in the API compared to what i can see are the current holdings via the refinitiv app.

Kind regards,

Lars

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @b.lee

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.5k 3 2 3

@larssimones, Based on my experience, Eikon API only offers the latest holdings data for funds (including ETFs). If I remember correctly, the newer RDP Funds API can provide historical holdings data. For your second question, do you mean you only get the top 10 holdings? If so, it is likely due to "embargo date" of the full holdings data that Lipper only can offer the top holdings before the "embargo date". Some fund company got the "embargo date" data policy/requirements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.