question

Upvotes
Accepted
95 6 12 25

X_RIC_NAME field not available via SFC C++ application?

Hi,

is it possible to get the field X_RIC_NAME using an SFC C++ consumer via SSL/MarketFeed?

The application is configured to download the data dictionary from Network, and actually I see such field in the dictionary, with IFD = -1.

However, when subscribing to a RIC expected to contain a value for such field, I get an image not containing X_RIC_NAME at all (we've enabled the IPCTRACE files to double check it).

Is there any known limitation in SFC explaining this?

In addition, could you please help me understand why some fields in the data dictionary have a negative number as FID?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Paolo

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@Paolo Parlapiano

As I know, the Refinitiv Real-Time feed doesn't use the X_RIC_NAME field. X_RIC_NAME is defined by ATS (Refinitiv Real-Time Advanced Transformation Server).

! Using by ATS Contribution, clients are not suggested to redefine these fields.
X_RIC_NAME                "RIC NAME"                    -1      NULL    ALPHANUMERIC    32  RMTES_STRING    32
X_ERRORMSG                "X_ERRORMSG"                  -2      NULL    ALPHANUMERIC    80  RMTES_STRING    80
X_LOLIM_FD                "X_LOLIM_FD"                  -3      NULL    ALPHANUMERIC    3   RMTES_STRING    3

Therefore, the Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System (TREP) that has ATS may add those negative fields into the data dictionary file.

Negative fields are custom fields. The usage is explained in this Publish Custom Data via Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System by EMA article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
95 6 12 25

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Is an SFC C++ based application, using SSL/Marketfeed, able to consume those custom fields? Do you have any idea why in this case the X_RIC_NAME field is not showing into the IPCTRACE file of the application? Maybe a configuration issue on the ATS?

Thanks

Paolo

icon clock
10 |1500

SFC C++ subscriber retrieves the real-time data from the data feed. It is unable to modify the data. If it doesn't have the X_RIC_NAME field in the IPCTRACE file, it means that the data feed doesn't provide this X_RIC_NAME field.

As I know, the X_RIC_NAME is used when the application sends an insert message to ATS for creating or deleting a RIC.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.