Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
8 5 5 6

Access Denied: User req to PE(x)

Good Morning!

I can get data normally for some RICs by the get_data method (for example for Microsoft Corp), but when I try to open streaming with the StreamingPrices method for the same symbols I am not successful (the error that appears to me is always "Access Denied: User req to PE (x) ").

I read here in the community that this is a lack of permission, so I would like to know if it is a problem on your part and you can release access without any change in the payment plan or if it would mean such a change.

Thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiauthenticationstreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@diego37

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @diego37

The permissions you have are based on the licence agreement for your products and user ids that your organisation has with Refinitiv. e.g. it would appear your Streaming Data permissions are not the same as your non-streaming data.

Therefore, you would need to contact your internal Market Data department or your Refinitiv representative to discuss changing your permissions.

I will also try and identify your Refinitiv representative and ask them to reach out to you.

PS - in the meantime, if you are interested in merely testing/exploring the StreamingPrice interface you can try requesting EUR= , GBP= or other currency RICs - as these are sometimes permissioned on limited licences. OR you can try requesting the delayed RIC e.g. /MSFT.O

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@diego37 I believe that your subscription does not permit you access to streaming prices from that exchange. If you want to add that exchange to your package then you can speak to your account manager who can inform you of the cost and add that to your package. Your account manager can also check what permissions you are entitled to. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.