Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
70 3 3 7

Get FX Polls dates with Eikon API

Hi all,

I am trying to download the "polls dates" and "effective dates" for FX Polls via the Eikon data API (R or Python). E.g. for GBPUSD polls at 1-month horizon, the formula in Excel add-in would be

=@RHistory("GBP1MP=","NDA_RAW.Nda_margin;NDA_RAW.Nda_pm_fix","START:01-Feb-2015 INTERVAL:1MO",,"CH:Fd")

I found the relevant fields by manually downloading the data via the Eikon FX Polls app, and checking the relevant formula.

With the R API, I thought this would be

DF <- get_timeseries(list("GBP1MP="), list("NDA_RAW.Nda_margin","NDA_RAW.Nda_pm_fix"), start_date="2015-02-01T00:00:00", end_date = "2021-02-01T00:00:00", interval="monthly")

But I only get NAs.

I also tried the Python API as follows

DF = ek.get_timeseries(["GBP1MP="],["NDA_RAW.Nda_margin","NDA_RAW.Nda_pm_fix"], start_date="2015-02-01",end_date="2021-02-01", interval="monthly")

But I have the same issue.

Do you have any idea what the issue is?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

get_timeseries method of Eikon Data APIs can only retrieve timeseries from the default view. It cannot retrieve any fields from the view NDA_RAW.

You can use Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries to retrieve this data, e.g.

rdp.get_historical_price_summaries(
    universe = 'GBP1MP=',
    interval = rdp.Intervals.MONTHLY,
    fields = ['FCAST_DATE','EFF_DATE'],
    start = '2015-02-01', 
    end = '2021-02-01')

I'm afraid at this time there's no R edition of Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This works, thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.