question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 5 5

Fail to get data snapshot via python api

Hi,

I tried to load the data of two forex symbols with exact same code as the RDP tutorial, but it returned None to me. Can some one help me with this problem?

Thanks

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
1614059400462.png (3.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@filip.shu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

This function should give you the reason why you got None:

print(rdp.get_last_status())
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @filip.shu

The other way to enable the debug log is using the Python logging library:

import logging
logging.basicConfig(format='%(asctime)s - %(name)s - %(levelname)s - %(message)s', level=logging.DEBUG)

rdp.get_snapshot(universe = ['GBP=','JPY='], fields = ['BID','ASK'])
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.