For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 1

Update instruments in instrumentlist not working via dss rest call

I am trying to update instrument item in instrumentList with InstrumentListItemKey but it always results in error saying not found, although with same id delete operation works as in example below.

I would like to understand what is going wrong in update operation, i know there is a way to delete instrument first and add it later but in this case i have to make two calls to dss server, that i need to avoid.
Using reference doc : API-TREE-Reference

ex:
PUT /Extractions/InstrumentListItems('VjF8MHgwNzczYmU2MzQ2Mzc0ODgzfDE ')
Response: "InstrumentListItem of id '0x0773be6346374883' not found"

Delete /Extractions/InstrumentListItems('VjF8MHgwNzczYmU2MzQ2Mzc0ODgzfDE ')
Response: "204 No content" -> successfully deleted above instrument from the list.

Please let me know in case of any query/question.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted DSS_SWAT.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@xds-support

I got the same issue.

If I add the "Order" field, it returns 204 No Content. However, the item wasn't updated.

I will contact the development team to verify the problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, it worked for me with Order fields and i reviewed it via GUI. It would be easier to understand if explained by examples in reference documentation itself.

InstrumentListItems can be updated (UserDefined Identifier and Order only) and deleted.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.