Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
18 0 0 0

Is an Eikon/RDP license a requirement/prerequisite in order to have access to the APIs?

If so, how to get one?

I'm just a student who signed up to the Refinitiv Developer Community, interested in working with the APIs but I can't find any use without having a license.

Also, is there any discount/special access for students? The closest I got was to request a quote or demo.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@jnaj0001 Yes you would need a license and credentials to use the APIs. We do have an academic programme which provides access to our products at a discount - but that would happen at an institutional level (ie your college). I have your email so I will ask one of my colleagues to reach our and see if we can help. I hope this is ok.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 0 0 0

Yes of course, I would really appreciate it. Thank you @jason.ramchandani!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.