Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 2

Python, not working within VPN

Data connection in Python works fine if not connected to my company VPN. If I do connect to it I get below error when setting app key. Any idea how to fix this?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrorapp-keyproxyvpn
1614171244439.png (11.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@alessandro.bolis

The likely root cause of the problem here is Eikon API Proxy not working through your corporate Internet proxy. It's likely that there's a workaround for this issue, which Refinitiv Support can put in place for you. I opened case 09655018 on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. You will be contacted by Refinitiv Support to address the issue you experienced.

Update: I can see from the support case record that Refinitiv Support were able to address the problem you experienced. I am accepting this answer to close the thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.1k 18 6 9

@alessandro.bolis I think this is almost certainly a firewall issue from your vpn side. Please see the attached networking guide and summary below - please ensure your IT team has opened firewall access to (I'm not sure which region you are in so select the appropriate)

emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com 159.220.1.19
amers1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com 159.220.40.41
apac1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com 159.220.16.215

for API application directly. I have also emailed you the Eikon Networking guide to send to your IT Team. I hope this can help. Please try this and if it still doesn't work please come back to me here and I can open a case for you with our support group. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.