question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Got 'NoSuchElementException' when using RFAJ 8 to connect to the service

com.reuters.rfa.internal.connection.rssl.RSSLConnection processTransportData

SEVERE: com.reuters.rfa.connection.rssl.myNS.RSSLconnection

Caught internal exception java.util.NoSuchElementException.

java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)

java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(Unknown Source)

com.reuters.rfa.internal.connection.rssl.RSSLClientConnection.NotifySessionComponentVersionInfo(Unknown Source)

com.reuters.rfa.internal.connection.rssl.RSSLLoginHandler.connectionLogin(Unknown Source)

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

RFA Java does not use Windows registry direclty, but Java preferences API to manage the configuration. Since you mention that your application is multi-threaded, so I suppose it is some kind of race around condition. Try adding pause within your application to see if any thread is trying to access login state/data before its available.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

@tonyny2016,

You will have to provide more details. Is this a new application? Can you reproduce the exception with RFAJ samples - like QuickStartConsumer provided with the SDK?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

We are migrating to RFAJ 8, and existing program is multi-threaded, so after start, there are multiple threads concurrently trying to connect to the service, and sometimes we got this exception. It's hard to reproduce this scenario but I feel it may related to login stage, when wait for response event and waiting time is too short. Anything wrong with Windows Registry usage?QuickStartConsumer works fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

@Gurpreet We are migrating to RFAJ 8, and existing program is multi-threaded, so after start, there are multiple threads concurrently trying to connect to the service, and sometimes we got this exception. It's hard to reproduce this scenario but I feel it may related to login stage, when wait for response event and waiting time is too short. Anything wrong with Windows Registry usage?QuickStartConsumer works fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

@Gurpreet Ok, I will try the suggested approach, thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.