Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Eikon data API fetching issue in python. code is stuck for hours without returning anything (No error , No returned data )

import eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('My api key here')
stocksList = ['RELI.NS']
code = 'TR.DilutedNormalizedEps'
params = {'Period' : 'FY2020', 'Curn' : 'INR'}
fDataFields = ek.TR_Field(code, params)
tmpDf = ek.get_data(stocksList, fDataFields)[0]
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @anugrah,

Can you please provide more info, as asked by @jason.ramchandani?

Thanks

@anugrah

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@anugrah

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

Hello @anugrah

I'm afraid we haven't heard from you in a while and we cannot provide further assistance without the details we asked for. I'm closing this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new thread.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@anugrah you didn't say what the error or issue was - but I am able to successfully run your query:

1614607071626.png (68.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My code is stuck for hours without returning anything

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@jason.ramchandani My code is stuck for hours without returning anything

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@anugrah Is this the first time this has happened? What version of the eikon library are you using (ek.__version__)? Also what version of python are you using? Also what variant of Eikon? The code should not be stuck for hours as there are server timeouts which would report back errors. Please can you provide more details and a screenshot of the behaviour if possible.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@jason.ramchandani I am able to run same code in jupyter notebook

icon clock
10 |1500

@anugrah I'm sorry so it does work? where are you trying to run the code if not in Jupyter notebook?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.