For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 6 6 6

DSS RestAPI returning MonitorURL with localhost in the hostname. Is this a bug?

Hi,

We are extracting historical data using the TimeSeriesPricing template, via DSS REST API.

Generally, the requests last longer than the await time and hence DSS will give us a Monitor URL to fetch the data asynchronously.

Most of the times this works well, however in very rare instances the API is returning the URL with hostname being localhost instead of hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com.

I raised this before in a different question here in this forum and was asked to add X-Client-Session-Id to the header, with an unique value.

So here it is:

X-Client-Session-Id: DB-MKDT-LND-7585732144254825353

Monitor URL came as: https://localhost/RestApi/v1/monitor/'0x055a43e15b12fe65'

Time: 28/Jul/2016 07:23:14 BST

We are actually treating this in our code with replace but I thought this looks like a bug.

Can you please investigate?

Thanks

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsstime-seriesrest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 5 3 5

I should have offered immediately that yes, of course, it is a bug.

While I have not identifier a specific root cause, we do already have planned changes that will alter this behavior in such a way that are expected to render this code obsolete; that is, it is expected to go out with the old code. That work is scheduled to be in the 10.7 release. The development team involved has been made aware of this condition and instructed to ensure it is eliminated.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
1.1k 5 3 5

Investigating...

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.