question

Upvotes
Accepted
76 8 2 11

EMA Java failover

Hi,

I'm using ChannelSet to configure multiple TREPs hosts to make failover when one is down.

<ChannelSet value="Channel_1,Channel_2,Channel_3,Channel_4" />

I tested and work fine, the application initially connect to Channel_1 and when down connecting to Channel_2.
My question is when connected to Channel_4, if it is down, the Api will try to connect back to Channel_1 or not?

Thanks
Stephane

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Stephane Rossi

I have tested 3 channels (as I currently have only 3 ADS in my environment - they are all ADS 3.x versions) with the following configuration:

<ChannelSet value="Channel_1, Channel_2, Channel_3"/>

When Channel_3 is down, the application connects back to Channel_1 successfully.

Please note that it is recommended to use the same version of the ADS server and each server has the same services for the API failover feature.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Stephane Rossi

My understanding is that it should rotate back round to Channel_1.

I will seek confirmation and get back to you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
76 8 2 11

Many thanks for the confirmation

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.