Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 5 5

Eikon Excel values not matching with Python API

Hi!
I am getting different values from Excel and Python API for my dataset. I These are some the main symbols.

Consider the tickers : ['NEST.NS','CHMB.NS','GNFC.NS','KVRI.NS','NGFR.NS','UPLL.NS','JET.NS','KING.NS^E18','ASOK.NS','EICH.NS','ESCO.NS','MAHM.NS','MRTI.NS','TAMO.NS','BAJA.NS','HROM.NS','TVSM.NS','AMAR.NS','AMTK.NS','APLO.NS','BFRG.NS','BOSH.NS','CEAT.NS','EXID.NS','MRF.NS','MOSS.NS','ABB.NS','BEML.NS','BGRE.NS','BAJE.NS','BHEL.NS','CGPO.NS','ENGI.NS','HVEL.NS','CUMM.NS','LKMC.NS','LART.NS','SIEM.NS','SUZL.NS','THMX.NS','VOLT.NS','ACC.NS','ABUJ.NS','BRLC.NS','CNTY.NS','GRAS.NS','ICMN.NS','PRIS.NS']
Date : 23rd Feb 2021
Fundamentals : ['TR.EV', 'TR.PE', 'TR.NotesPayableSTDebt(Period=FY0)']

Also, I observed that a big portion of this inconsistency depends on the date as well. eg, just one day before, on 22nd Feb 2021, a significant portion of this gets resolved. SImilary on some other data, the amount of shift in values magnifies.

Please suggest why is this happening and how to sort this.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@anshulmlhtr

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@anshulmlhtr

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @anshulmlhtr,

Closing this discussion thread: as we were not able to hear from you, and to clarify your question, we are not able to be of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@anshulmlhtr

I'm not sure I understand where you see the discrepancies. Would you mind providing a specific example?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.